1. The Deadline for all entries is February 15, 2018. Payment must be made in full upon receipt of invoice. Late entries if accepted will be subjected to a late charge of $10.00 per routine or entry.
2. All competitors must sign a waiver form. No exceptions. Non-competitors attending the workshop must also sign a waiver form.
3. Any participants who consume alcohol or illegal drugs at the competition or workshop will result in an immediate disqualification of their school.
4. No refunds will be given for any reason.
5. Song titles must be included on each entry and may not be changed once they have been submitted. TBA (To Be Announced) is not acceptable. Please make up a name for the entry if you do not know the name of the song.
6. Under 12 entries - The 3 highest marks from entries ages 12 and under will be invited to perform in the Odyssey. These cannot be announced until the last 12 and under entry has performed and been adjudicated.
7. Solos The 3 highest solo scores will be invited to perform in the Odyssey and announced when the last soloist has performed and received adjudication.
8. Groups - The group numbers with the highest marks (this includes all dance types) will be invited to dance in the Odyssey. The group numbers will be announced as follows (small groups, large groups, line and ensembles) up to four of each.
9. During the Odyssey all previous marks are discarded and all routines are judged again by our panel of adjudicators. Winners of the Odyssey will be selected as follows: Outstanding Solo, Junior Star, First, Second and Third Place (Groups), Best Choreography, Excellence in Costuming, Best Cabaret. A complete list of prizes and awards will be announced on the first day of competition. Judges decisions are final.
Note: Only one entry per school in a category can qualify for the Odyssey
10. Choreography may not be repeated in consecutive calendar years by the same competitors at the same event.
11. Final dance schedule will be posted 7 days prior to start of competition. All solo dancers should be prepared to dance on the first day of competition. We cannot commit to specific days or times in advance.
12. Absolutely no coaching competitors while performing. Competitors who stop during a performance may repeat the performance for purposes of adjudication but will not receive any awards.
13. Competitors must be ready 30 minutes prior to scheduled performance times. Competitors who are not available at performance time will be disqualified
14. Dressing rooms will be assigned as needed. At the end of each day it is the responsibility of the school to tidy up their dressing room. All belongings should be taken with dancers and garbage deposited in trash containers. Over the last few years some dressing rooms have been left in disarray and additional cleaning fees have been charged to Quest Productions. Quest Productions will pass on any additional fees to the schools if they do not leave the dressing rooms in the same condition they were in when assigned.
15. Teachers only may pick up score sheets at the registration desk on Sunday at the workshops the final day of competition.
16. General Admission bracelets All Access Weekend Passes includes 3 days of Competition and the Odyssey included Early Bird $25 plus HST/service fee (two weeks prior to first day of competition) Regular priced Weekend Passes are $35 plus HST. Infants and toddlers up to 36 months do not require a ticket or pass.
Dancers All Access Registration is $80 HST included. This fee includes admission to all days of competition, the Odyssey access pass, a full day of workshops & online access to HD Videos of their schools routines. Teachers will also receive access to adjudication comments by judges via drop box.